Outside Magazine- The Gear Guy's Favorite Synthetic Base Layers
- "While the Ajax base layer top has been on countless inclement ski tours and rainy trail runs with me, I really fell in love with it on a blazing-hot day of spring skiing. Being a henley, it allowed me to dump a good amount of heat when I opened the four snaps below the collar once I started sweating. On cold days, the extra-thin polyester wicks moisture from my skin with the best of them, while also feeling cottony smooth. On top of that, the Ajax [is competitive] when it comes to style, thanks to the snaps and stripes. And it earns bonus points for being handmade in Minnesota."
Why We Made This:
Sometimes when you’re out doing the activities you love, you want to look sharp in a base layer shirt because you never know who you may run into. But you also want a base layer shirt that breathes well, dries quickly and is incredibly soft and comfortable. We’ve got your solution with the new Ajax Henley base layer top; this classic shirt won’t just add style to your athletic apparel drawer, it will help you regulate your temperature as you go about your day. Made from a peached recycled polyester fabric with 4 custom snaps allowing you to dump heat, this shirt is technical without looking technical…it’s straight handsome.
How We Use It:
Skiing, hiking, running, biking, yoga, lounging, travel, dog-walking, après (duh). The only requirement is looking sharp.
- 4 dual-threat snaps on chest for looking good & dumping heat
- Reinforced placard under snaps ensures bomber construction
- Foldover elastic around cuffs adds strength & durability
- 🇺🇸 BUILT BY HAND IN SAINT PAUL, MINNESOTA
- 🌞 NATURALLY OCCURRING UPF 50+ protects from UVA & UVB rays
- Brushed/peached finish adds softness
- 4-way stretch provides unrestricted movement
- Does not shrink or lose color with washing
- Impressive warmth-to-weight ratio
- 192 g/sm - lightweight & packable warmth
- 84% Recycled Polyester, 16% Spandex
- ♻️ BLUESIGN™️ APPROVED
- Energy Saving Yarn (ESY) reduces both carbon emissions and energy consumption by nearly 50%